Saturday, November 07, 2009

Abner Jay - Swaunee Water & Cocaine Blues (197x)/The Backbone of America is a Mule and Cotton (1976)


"I play banjo in an old cotton-picking style - real smooth, real quiet. There's not a lot of fancy licks."

Swaunee Water & Cocaine Blues




The Backbone of America is a Mule and Cotton


When Abner was born his dad kept the birth records on the side of the house. When the house burned down, the birth records were destroyed, and Abner was never able to find out just how old he was. Jay claims the secret for his good health was "layin' on his belly drinkin' water from that ol Swaunee River". More info here. More AJ here.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The information here is great. I will invite my friends here.

Thanks

pete said...

Abner is incredible. Make sure to buy the compilation on Mississippi records and support the re-release of his older material.

check out:
The article about him in YETI and
Fire In My Bones Compilation

Anonymous said...

Hello, as you can see this is my first post here.
In first steps it is very nice if someone supports you, so hope to meet friendly and helpful people here. Let me know if I can help you.
Thanks in advance and good luck! :)

Anonymous said...

What are you listening to right this moment? [url=http://tjenepenger.sosblog.com/]hvordan tjene ekstra penger[/url]

Anonymous said...

Anyone need links back to your site? can smuggle you hella of links back. visit: http://spreadrumers.com. Dueces!

Anonymous said...

hey your blog design is very nice, clean and fresh and with updated content, make people feel peace and I always like browsing your site.

- Norman

Anonymous said...

helllooo, I am new. suppose make an introduction.

Take care and Thanks alot (sorry if the wrong place to post)