Tuesday, January 11, 2011

2011-01-11

I don't have a title for this post. I chose to use the Roman numeric date instead, because I find this sequence of numbers interesting. And yet this is only one calendar, one way of marking our passage through time. The precession of the equinoxes is another. Many ancient civilizations and tribes have stories, prophecies, temples and shrines to mark the celestial phenomenon of precession and the transition from one age to another. Are we experiencing manifestations of this movement through climate change, natural disasters, and political strife? Or is it merely an astronomical astrological coincidence?
Over the past few weeks I have been examining global trends and doing research on space and global weather phenomena. I don't have a large history of data or a high degree of scientific expertise in seismology, climatology or astrophysics. I don't claim to be a prophet or an empath. I cannot predict what will happen as we wobble towards the future. I search for the little vibrations of our planet and interpret whatever patterns I may find.

No comments: